The heroes delve into a subterranean dungeon complex beneath the caldera of a dormant volcano in the Mindspin Mountains, where they must infiltrate the elite military academy that trains officers for the Storm Tyrant's giant army. If they can survive the giants, dragons, and extraplanar menaces that have assembled under the Storm Tyrant's banner, the heroes will have an even larger challenge before them?facing off against the fire giant general-king Tytarian before the Storm Tyrant sets out to conquer all of Avistan! This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Giantslayer Adventure Path and includes:
- "Anvil of Fire," a Pathfinder adventure for 13th-level characters, by Sean K Reynolds.
- A look into the faith and worship of the fire giant god Zursvaater, by Sean K Reynolds.
- Advice and new options that allow you to harness the destructive power of volcanoes for your game, by Russ Taylor.
- A case of poor judgment turned dangerous in the Pathfinder's Journal, by Wendy N. Wagner.
- Five new monsters, by Benjamin Bruck, Mikko Kallio, David Schwartz, and Jerome Virnich.
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world's oldest fantasy RPG.